Halloween Weekend
Friday night we carved pumpkins. Apparently I forget between each Halloween how much work is involved. After two to three hours I seem to lose interest and make Daniel finish mine. I'm horrible at it. Even with a pattern it looks like a 7 year old did it. This year Daniel decided to free hand it. As if I didn't feel inadequate already, he then decided he was going to shade it. He did this spooky tree, and then made veins on it, it was awesome. They looked very nice, but they're already rottening. Story of my life...lol.
The real fun of the weekend was going to judgment House Sunday night. Our church's youth group was going and since we're close friends with the youth leaders we decided to tag along. Daniel and I had been to this particular JH before, and it had of course told Rusty and Miranda, the youth leaders, about how not so good it was. I'm sure they have good intentions, but there's this one thing that just makes it horrific, the pervy Jesus. When we walked into Heaven I leaned over to Miranda and whispered, "It's the same one." This of course led to Miranda giggling. Then Jesus spoke, which led us all to giggle. Then Jesus calls everyone forward and walks up to each person and embraces you and whispers in your ear. I've been to other JH and this experience was always moving, but with this Jesus, it is not. First of all, there's the speech impediment, then there's the smell, yes, Jesus stinks. Now when he gets to you he gets about 6 inches from your face and just stares at you, then he leans in. You feel like he's about to kiss you. It's horrible. By this time Miranda was hysterical. So are we going to hell? We're standing in "Heaven" and Jesus is trying to tell us how much he loves us and all we can do is laugh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home