We're Not 15 Anymore
This past weekend Daniel and I decided that we wanted to have an all nighter with some friends of ours. We bought munchie foods, fixed coffee, brought out all of our board games, and our DVD collection. We thought that it would be just like when we were teenagers. The first part of the night was great. We went riding around at like 3 in the morning, listened to CD's, drank coffee. We even decided that we would go get breakfast at 6, and then proceed to the Jockey Lot. 6 o' clock came and we were feeling pretty tired, but thought the food would give us a second wind. It did, for about 20 minutes, just long enough for me to drive to the Jockey Lot. It was 7 in the morning, it was cold, it was dark, and I was sleepy. The boys however seemed to really want to go on in, so I dragged my sleepy self out of the car and in we went. Then it happened. I started laughing as the sun was coming up, which in turn caused every one else to start laughing. Here we were, 4 adults standing in the middle of the Jockey Lot laughing at nothing. People probably thought we were high, we certainly acted as if we were. We continued walking and then the illness hit. Our friends began arguing, over who knows what and before I knew it a Pepsi bottle was being hurled through the air. That's when I decided it was time to go, but we had to walk a mile back to the car. That's when the final exhaustion stage hit. I don't remember much after that. Somehow I ended up back at my house and my friends were gone. I remember looking at Daniel and saying, "What happened? When did we get old?" To which he replied, "We're not 15 anymore."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home